Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sunset March 2012
Make and share this Snap Pea Minestrone With Poached Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml diced ham
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced into half-moons and rinsed well
- 78.07 ml sliced green onion
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml distilled white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1182.95 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml tiny pasta, such as farfalline or 118.29 ml orzo pasta
- 591.47 ml diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- about 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- about 2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Cook ham, carrot, leek, and green onions with butter in a large pot over medium heat until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, warm vinegar and 1 1/2 inches water over high heat until bubbles form on pan bottom, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Break eggs into water, keeping them slightly apart. Cook until whites are firm but yolks are still soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add broth and 1/4 teaspoons pepper to vegetables. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and boil gently, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in snap peas and return to a boil, then stir in 1/2 cup parmesan, 2 teaspoons tarragon, and more pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each with a poached egg. Serve with more cheese, tarragon, and pepper if you like.