Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Clean Home Journal "Here's a summer-fresh salad that works well with any number of main dishes, like our Hawaiian BBQ Tuna Burger with Grilled Pineapple, Pecan-Crusted Chicken and Shrimp or one of our delicious quick-fix sandwiches. Serve this refreshing salad at room temperature or chilled. And don't hesitate to mix in leftover chicken or beef strips."
- 1⁄2 lb snap peas, rinsed, stem ends trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, fresh roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (4 ounces)
- In a saucepot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the snap peas and boil 3-5 minutes, until peas are just cooked. Strain the snap peas in a colander in the sink and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain excess water.
- Place the snap peas and all other ingredients except the feta cheese in a large bowl and toss gently with a large mixing spoon or spatula. Add the feta cheese and cover with plastic wrap or place in a Ziploc® Brand Container with Snap ’n Seal Lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chef's Note: While storing whole tomatoes, keep them at room temperature for optimum flavor and texture until ready to use. Tomatoes tend to lose their flavor and develop a mealy texture when stored in the fridge for a long time. Cut tomatoes stored in the fridge should be used promptly.
- *Substitute snow peas or string beans for snap peas, if desired.
This was lovely for lunch with some fresh crusty bread. I did sub garlic infused EVOO as that was all I had at the time.