Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
from women's day magazine
- 12 ounces fresh green beans (ends trimmed)
- 12 ounces fresh wax beans (ends trimmed)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, add beans and cook 7 to 8 miutes until just tender, drain well.
- Meanwhile put remaining ingredients in a serving bowl, and stir until well blended.
- Add hot beans; toss to mix and coat.
I was very pleasantly surprised by how good this was (and I am not a fan of beans). I loved the fresh flavor of the lemon juice and zest as well as the parsley and the garlic added lots more flavor.