1/3 Photos of Snakes on a Stick
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
While cleaning out my pantry (ugh, what a chore) I found some wooden bbq skewers that have been replaced by metal ones. What do I do with these? The little wheels in my mind started grinding and I came up with this idea for my Halloween Boo-ffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray each skewer with non-stick spray.
- 3Wrap each breadstick around the skewer and flatten out the end a bit.
- 4You will have to work with the dough a bit, but place 2 black olives on the top for eyes and a small piece of pimiento in the "mouth" for the tongue.
- 5Bake on a prepared baking sheet for approximately 20 minutes or until the breadsticks are golden brown.
- 6Remove from the oven and immediately brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the herbs/spices of your choice. Let cool.
- 7If desired, slide the skewers off the bread or serve with the skewers in for easy handling.
- 8NOTE: If desired, make the dough from scratch and use food coloring to make them green or knead in paste food coloring, using gloves to shield your hands from getting stained.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snakes on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough