Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my originals. Snake beans are also known as yard-long beans. You can grow them yourself, or buy them in Chinese markets. Fresh green beans are a fine substitute. Golden Mountain sauce, found in Chinese markets, makes a nice substitute for soy sauce.
- 2 cups snake beans, broken in 2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Stir fry the beans and pepper 3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, and fry 5 minutes. Add golden mountain sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, until, water is parrtially absorbed and beans are saucy.
Came across snake beans for the first time at a local Farmers' Market & couldn't believe how purple they were, & soooo long, too! Curious enough, I bought some & just had to make your recipe! With those in hand, I followed your recipe right on down & had an interesting & enjoyable bean dish! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup recipe tag]