Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 24 large paris mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 100 canned burgundy snails
- 1⁄2 cup snail butter
- Preparation 15 minutes.
- Cooking 15 minutes.
- About 100 snails.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms.
- Season the mushroom caps with salt, pour the oil over them and sweat them in the oven.
- Take the mushroom caps out and place 4-5 snails in each one.
- Cover with snail butter and heat in the oven just before serving, exactly as you would snails in their shells.
- Dry white wines: Quincy, Pouilly-Fume, Bourgogne-Aligote.
- Red wines: Saint-Emilion, Chinon, Bourgueil, Rully, Beaujolais-Villages.