Great fun sandwiches for kids! Would be neat as appetizers for a themed party or a cute summer meal. Taken from the San Diego Zoo's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons jelly
- 1/4 cup pretzel stick (small thin kind)
- 1Cut the crusts off of bread slices(you can eat the crust as you work!).
- 2Roll out the slices with the rolling pin a few times until flattened.
- 3Spread peanut butter on one half of the flattened bread and jelly on the other half.
- 4Roll the bread up into a tight tube.
- 5Slice the tube into about 3/4-inch slices. Makes about 5 snail slices each.
- 6Take pretzel sticks and break them in half and insert into the rolls to make antennas and enjoy your snail sandwich!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snail Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g