Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great fun sandwiches for kids! Would be neat as appetizers for a themed party or a cute summer meal. Taken from the San Diego Zoo's website.
- 3 slices bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons jelly
- 1⁄4 cup pretzel stick (small thin kind)
- Cut the crusts off of bread slices(you can eat the crust as you work!).
- Roll out the slices with the rolling pin a few times until flattened.
- Spread peanut butter on one half of the flattened bread and jelly on the other half.
- Roll the bread up into a tight tube.
- Slice the tube into about 3/4-inch slices. Makes about 5 snail slices each.
- Take pretzel sticks and break them in half and insert into the rolls to make antennas and enjoy your snail sandwich!