Recipe by Kasha
An unusual French recipe. If you can't get the fig leaf, no matter, substitue with some parsley. Directions are given for live snails. I would use canned or frozen prepared snails. This was an adopted recipe which would be much faster and easier using prepared snails. Times given for recipe using prepared snails.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparation time 15 minutes.
- Cooking time 1 hour.
- Starve the snails and clean them well.
- Cook them for 1 hour in boiling water with added salt, fennel and a fig leaf; drain and remove them from their shells.
- Prepare an omelette mixture.
- Beat the egg yolks and fold in the stiffly beaten whites.
- Make an omelette in the usual way and fill with the snails.
- Wine: red or white Haut-Poitou, Anjou or Touraine.