Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This yummy cake works out to 3 points per serving on the Weight Watchers plan.
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (or other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated (measurement after grating)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In large mixing bowl, combine flours, splenda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Lightly beat eggs, yogurt, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Add carrots and raisins.
- Mix well.
- Stir into flour mixture until blended.
- Spread into 9 inch square lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- May be served with topping such as Cool Whip.
I didn't have much luck with this recipe that I made for 'zaar tag. The dough just seemed to be too wet. When I first took it out of the oven, after 40 minutes, it was not set, so I put it back in another 20, and let it sit to cool. After that, all but the middle piece was edible, (but think pudding cake, rather than snack cake). It did taste ok though, it's just that the texture was too wet and dense. I wish I could give this more stars, but I don't think I'll be making it again.