Recipe by Leona L.
I used to make this recipes when my children were in school, it was a perfect afterschool snack, and I could sneak more veggies in too! Be creative, throw in leftover veggies, or add some frozen ones.
Top Review by 3champagne
I made this a few years ago and it was great! My son doesn't like vegies very much and he didn't know he was eating them when I fixed this. I am going to make this again but will use a small amount of canola oil to saute the veggies to reduce the fat.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions in butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add mushrooms, green peppers, celery, parsley and any other vegetable you may want to add.
- Add pizza sauce, tomato paste, cheeses and spices.
- Keeps for a couple of weeks in the fridge if sealed.
- I also add deli meats or left overs on top and broil over buns, toast, or mini pizza shells.