Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool kid's snack
Make and share this Snack Mix Squares recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cereal and M&M's.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter.
- Add marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over pretzel mixture; stir to coat.
- Press into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cool until firm; cut into squares.
"After reading the reviews, we cut the butter in half and added a hand full (1/2 lb) of cashew pieces. The pretzel sticks lost most of the salt, so I suggest sprinkling kosher salt on top to taste. After spreading the mix, we put in the freezer for 10 minutes. No problem with the mix setting up and getting firm. The squares were a big hit at our Memorial Weekend gathering. This will be standard fare for our family summer gatherings!"
Oh boy I made these last Christmas for my baked goods gift trays and they were a big hit. I doubled the recipe and there didn't seem to be enough of the butter/marshmallow/peanut butter stuff to bind everything together but they turned out fine (a little smashed up but tasted great). Next time, I will make in 2 separate batches. Sorry it took so long for me to rate but I am making them again by special request for a friend as her birthday present. Thank you.