Cool kid's snack
Make and share this Snack Mix Squares recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cereal and M&M's.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter.
- Add marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over pretzel mixture; stir to coat.
- Press into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cool until firm; cut into squares.
Oh boy I made these last Christmas for my baked goods gift trays and they were a big hit. I doubled the recipe and there didn't seem to be enough of the butter/marshmallow/peanut butter stuff to bind everything together but they turned out fine (a little smashed up but tasted great). Next time, I will make in 2 separate batches. Sorry it took so long for me to rate but I am making them again by special request for a friend as her birthday present. Thank you.
I was really disappointed that this never set that well. It was like there was too much butter; the squares were really gooey, and the marshmallow mixture just sank to the bottom. The taste was good. I might consider making this again but tweaking the recipe... 1/2 cup butter just seems like too much.