Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Cool kid's snack
Top Review by Anonymous
"After reading the reviews, we cut the butter in half and added a hand full (1/2 lb) of cashew pieces. The pretzel sticks lost most of the salt, so I suggest sprinkling kosher salt on top to taste. After spreading the mix, we put in the freezer for 10 minutes. No problem with the mix setting up and getting firm. The squares were a big hit at our Memorial Weekend gathering. This will be standard fare for our family summer gatherings!"
- 2 1⁄2 cups halved pretzel sticks
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cereal and M&M's.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter.
- Add marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over pretzel mixture; stir to coat.
- Press into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cool until firm; cut into squares.