Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
potato sticks add a salty sensation to no bake fruit and nut treats..vanilla candy coating binds each cookie while adding sweetness to each bite!! You will need shoestring potato sticks for these..you can vary the ingredients, sometimes I use pecans and butterscotch chips!!
- 2 cups potato sticks
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces vanilla candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- in a large bowl, stir together potato sticks, pineapple, almonds and cranberries.set aside.
- in a medium saucepan, melt candy coating and shortening over low heat.or melt candy coating in a microwave oven according to pkg directions.
- pour coating mixture oven fruit mixture, toss gently to coat --
- quickly drop cookie mixture from tspoons onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- let stand about 1 hour or until set.
- to store, place cookies in layers seperated by waxed paper in an airtight container, cover.store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- do not freeze.
these sounded weird but good and they were both weird and good. i used the pecan/butterscotch combo and there were delicious. easy to make, too!
I'm definitely going to make these often. Chewy, sweet and very pretty. I can't wait to try the pecans and butterscotch! I'm so pleased I found your recipe collection Grandma!