Recipe by Connie Lea
Recived this recipe from a friend at work. It makes a large amount - 46 - 1 cup servings, so she kindly shared with all of us.
Top Review by rosie316
WOW!!! I made this mix to take to our neighborhood pub that does a free hotdog set-up for the patrons on the weekend, and everyone is welcome to bring a dish to pass. I brought this. My GF (the pub manager) placed this into many bowls up and down the bar rail, and it was gone in no time! I made this "almost" as written with a couple minor changes (subs). First let me say that we can still get Bugles here in Illnois (one of my favs), but I could not find the Cheez-Its in White Cheddar. So I got the regular Cheez-Its and then 2 - 6.6oz bags of "Flavor Blasted Wild White Cheddar" Gold Fish crackers to sub with (the mix looked so dang cute). And I did not use mixed nuts, just cashew halves (that's what I had in the pantry). I thought that 2 cups of the oil would be over doing it a bit, so I scaled back to 1 1/2 cups. It was fine, but all those snacks really soaked it up... FAST. I used the paper bag method (which also soaked up a bit), so probably the 2 cups is the way to go. Nice flavor to this snack mix. It was enjoyed by many and I have the recipe saved. Thanks for posting. (Made for PAC 2014)
- 340.19 g pretzel sticks, buttery
- 347.28 g corn chips, Bugles
- 388.38 g crackers, Cheez-Its
- 388.38 g crackers, White Cheddar Cheez-Its
- 340.19 g crispy rice cereal, Crispex
- 453.59 g mixed nuts
- 453.59 g oil, Orville Reddenbacher butter flavored popcorn oil
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 14.79 ml onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients in a paper bag or clean trash bag.
- Mix popcorn oil, garlic salt and onion powder together.
- Pour over first six ingredients.
- Mix well and let sit overnight. Stir or shake several times.
- Makes a big tupperware bowl full - and is awesome stuff.