Recipe by Juenessa
If you like turtle candies, you’ll be sure to enjoy this wonderful bar cookie which is a twist on the classic favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package vanilla caramels
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add melted butter; stir until well combined.
- Press half of mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine caramels and whipping cream in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle morsels over baked crust.
- Drizzle caramel mixture evenly over the chocolate morsels.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over caramel layer.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top is light brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.