Recipe by Redsie
Top Review by CoffeeB
I guess all I can say is what would be not to like about these krispie squares. A unique and different twist on the standard. The only thing I eliminated were the raisins. This would have been a definite addition in my book, but because I"m wasn't just making them for myself, I had to consider the fam. :-( Thanks Celine! Made for NewestZaarTag~
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 40 regular marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, peanuts and raisins, then chocolate chips, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Cool. Cut into bars.