Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Smuckers and was received in the mail re. diabetic recipes. Looks light and airy.
- crisco original nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepillsbury angel food cake
- 3⁄4 cup smuckers sugar-free strawberry jam
- 3 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 325°F Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT together cake mix and preserves at low speed of electric mixer until evenly moistened. Continue to beat 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips.
- DROP by rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until tops are just lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- TIP Store between sheets of wax paper to keep from sticking together.
I made these for my DD who is sugar intolerant and she loves them. They sure are pretty to look at, easy to make and have a nice fresh taste. I did add an extra tablespoon of the mini chips - other than that followed the recipe exactly. Used the sugar free strawberry jam. I must say these do raise and spreed a lot, so be prepared for that when spacing them. I didn't on my first batch and they ran into each other - but I fixed that on the second round. The taste is VERY soft and chewy. At first I thought that I had not left them in the oven long enough and added 3 minutes to the second batch but found they were then actually over cooked, and lost the pretty pink color. So next time I will stick with the cooking time given. Thanks for posting.
This is the first cookie recipe that I threw out. There was a tart aftertaste that household testers found distasteful. It seems hard to mess up with three ingredients. I even checked to make sure that the brands were the same and nothing was expired. I've used angel food cake mix for macaroons successfully but not sure what happened here. Would never make them again.
These have a gross texture. Its like marshmallow that is mushy in the middle. Even my cookie monster child spit out her first bite. The flavor could have been tolerated if it weren't for the texture. Really wanted to like these.