Recipe by Chef Jenny #4
This is from Smuckers and was received in the mail re. diabetic recipes. Looks light and airy.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I made these for my DD who is sugar intolerant and she loves them. They sure are pretty to look at, easy to make and have a nice fresh taste. I did add an extra tablespoon of the mini chips - other than that followed the recipe exactly. Used the sugar free strawberry jam. I must say these do raise and spreed a lot, so be prepared for that when spacing them. I didn't on my first batch and they ran into each other - but I fixed that on the second round. The taste is VERY soft and chewy. At first I thought that I had not left them in the oven long enough and added 3 minutes to the second batch but found they were then actually over cooked, and lost the pretty pink color. So next time I will stick with the cooking time given. Thanks for posting.
- crisco original nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepillsbury angel food cake
- 3⁄4 cup smuckers sugar-free strawberry jam
- 3 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 325°F Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT together cake mix and preserves at low speed of electric mixer until evenly moistened. Continue to beat 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips.
- DROP by rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until tops are just lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- TIP Store between sheets of wax paper to keep from sticking together.