Recipe by Gingerbear
These are absolutely wonderful! I have never made them myself but I used to work with a lady who had made them a couple of times and brought them to work. I just had to have the recipe for this one. These are also very rich but so good.
Top Review by emsiizilla
I used Creamy Jif and added a shake of cinnamon and a little bit of vanilla to the actual batter and popped these in the oven for 28 minutes; they came out just how I like my brownies. They were "fudgy" in the sense that they were extremely dense and moist. Also, I omitted the frosting because I'm not a big fan of frosting on brownies in general. Delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) jarsmuckers natural creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted,divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir peanut butter until evenly mixed throughout; measure after stirring.
- Combine brown sugar, 1-1/4 cups peanut butter and 1/2 cup butter in medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Stir egg; beat until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into peanut butter mixture.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into greased 13X9 baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine remaining peanut butter, remaining butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tbsp milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining milk until frosting is spreading consistency.
- Spread over brownies.
- Tip: Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter morsels if desired.