Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are absolutely wonderful! I have never made them myself but I used to work with a lady who had made them a couple of times and brought them to work. I just had to have the recipe for this one. These are also very rich but so good.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarsmuckers natural creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted,divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir peanut butter until evenly mixed throughout; measure after stirring.
- Combine brown sugar, 1-1/4 cups peanut butter and 1/2 cup butter in medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Stir egg; beat until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into peanut butter mixture.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into greased 13X9 baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine remaining peanut butter, remaining butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tbsp milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining milk until frosting is spreading consistency.
- Spread over brownies.
- Tip: Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter morsels if desired.
I used Creamy Jif and added a shake of cinnamon and a little bit of vanilla to the actual batter and popped these in the oven for 28 minutes; they came out just how I like my brownies. They were "fudgy" in the sense that they were extremely dense and moist. Also, I omitted the frosting because I'm not a big fan of frosting on brownies in general. Delicious!
I made these this week because everyone has given up chocolate for lent. The frosting is to die for! Please consider making this recipe as you won't be disappointed!
Excellent!!!! Made these to take to a get-together with friends and got rave reviews. So nice to have an alternate to your typical chocolate brownies...will definetly be making these again and again. Thnx for geat recipe!