Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This looked delicious on the Smucker's website. I was suprised that I couldn't find a single raspberry applesauce. I haven't tried this yet, but be sure to let me know if you do! Time for beating the apples is included in the prep time.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry juice (or raspberry blend)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine apples, raspberry juice, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Melt preserves in a small saucepan or microwave in a small bowl.
- Strain to remove seeds; set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat apple mixture lightly to form a chunky sauce.
- Stir in preserves.
- Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.