Recipe by the_cookie_lady
These look really cute and tasty. An Elvis favorite in a cookie sandwich form, perhaps? It comes from the Smucker's website, but you could use any brand peanut butter I'm sure. Prep and Cook times are guesses.
Top Review by FOREVER YOUNG
I didn't care for these too much. They tasted pretty good, but my cookie dough did not spread and the finished cookie was more like a thick cake. However, I did like the filling.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smucker's creamy natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy; add banana, egg, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; mix until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Beat peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until well mixed. Spread about one tablespoon filling on bottoms of half of cookies. Gently press bottoms of remaining cookies against filling to form sandwiches.