Prep 25 mins
Cook 11 mins
These look really cute and tasty. An Elvis favorite in a cookie sandwich form, perhaps? It comes from the Smucker's website, but you could use any brand peanut butter I'm sure. Prep and Cook times are guesses.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smucker's creamy natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F Beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy; add banana, egg, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; mix until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Beat peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until well mixed. Spread about one tablespoon filling on bottoms of half of cookies. Gently press bottoms of remaining cookies against filling to form sandwiches.
I didn't care for these too much. They tasted pretty good, but my cookie dough did not spread and the finished cookie was more like a thick cake. However, I did like the filling.
These cookies are wonderful. I made them for a bake sale (and some for us, of course). The peanut butter filling is soooooo good (I used JIF)! Just one caution: these cookies SPREAD OUT! Also, only LIGHTLY grease your cookie sheets. My first cookie sheet was "overgreased" and the cookies spread way too much and the edges browned before the centers were done. By the second cookie sheet, I had them figured out:) I'll make these again. Thanx for posting.