Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from the Smucker's website. I love using preserves instead of fresh fruit when I can get away with it. It is just easier and cheaper for me :) I haven't tried it yet, but I fully intend to the next time I'm feeling a bit porky! Prep and cook times are a guess because the website doesn't really specify.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean pork, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 green peppers, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oil and sauté garlic.
- add pork and stir-fry until pork is lightly browned.
- Add vinegar, preserves, and chicken broth.
- Cover tightly and simmer until pork is tender
- Add peppers and pineapple.
- Simmer till peppers are tender-crisp (10 minutes).
- Stir cornstarch into water.
- Gradually add to pork, and stir until thickened.
- Serve spooned over rice.
This was excellent! I LOVED this sauce!!! I scaled it down by 1/4 and used left over cooked cubed pork chops, also I used sugar free preserves and it tasted just fine with those changes. Left out the peppers for my mom since she hates them, but kept them in for me but did not cook them for the ten minutes since I like my peppers very crisp, almost raw, in my dishs. Great meal!