Recipe by FlemishMinx
I came up with this one evening in answer to that eternal question: "Honey, what's for dinner tonight ?". I happened to have PIMENTON (spanish smoked paprika) in the house that evening, but I suppose you could substitute Hungarian spicy paprika or even chili powder if need be . . . This seems to taste particularly good with whole-wheat penne pasta.
- 2 veal scallops, pounded flat
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (for browning)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pimiento
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in oil till golden.
- Add in garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes with their juices, and spices to onion/garlic mixture.
- Cook approximately 30 minutes on low simer till thickened.
- In a separate saute pan, brown veal in oil till done and drain on paper toweling.
- Top each veal scallop with tomato mixture and use the remainder of the sauce over cooked pasta of your choice.