1/1 Photo of Smothered Turkey Wings
2 hrs 30 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
I haven't tried this one yet, I'm putting it here for safe-keeping. Looks good, and interesting, and would be good to do when turkey parts go on sale. This recipe is from B.J.'s Market & Bakery in Chicago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 turkey wings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1To make wings: heat oven to 350°; brush wings with vegetable oil and place in a large roasting pan; stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning and onion powder in a medium bowl; sprinkle over turkey wings.
- 2Bake until browned, 45-60 minutes.
- 3To make sauce: melt butter in a large heavy saucepan or dutch oven; add celery and onion; cook over medium-low heat until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes; stir in thyme and pepper; cook 1 minute; add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until light brown, about 5 minutes; slowly whisk in broth.
- 4Heat liquid to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- 5Strain sauce through a sieve and return to the saucepan; slowly whisk in milk and stir constantly until sauce returns to a simmer.
- 6Pour sauce over turkey wings; cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Turkey Wings
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.7
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 1490.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: