1/1 Photo of Smothered Turkey Wings
8 hrs 30 mins
My friend always makes smothered turkey wings and I'd always get to his house too late to get any. I searched for a recipe and couldn't find one, so I created my own. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season turkey wings the night before with the seasoning of your choice. I use a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Refrigerate until morning.
- 2Arrange cut up vegetables, bay leaves and garlic in bottom of a slow cooker.
- 3Sprinkle 1 packet of turkey gravy mix on top of vegetables and stir to coat.
- 4Pour 1/2 cup water over vegetables.
- 5Place turkey wings on top of vegetables and sprinkle remaining turkey gravy powder over turkey wings.
- 6Cook the turkey wings in the slow cooker on low before leaving for work in the morning and when you return home in the evening your turkey wings will be tender and simmering in their own rich gravy.
- 7This is great served over hot white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Turkey Wings
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.8
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 180.3 mg
- Sodium 540.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 53.3 g