Recipe by AmosFarkle
This is truly a hit with kids and adults alike. I still get calls for the recipe from the church congregation I cooked for.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was really tasty. I've been pushing the family to eat more fish and I've been looking for healthier ways to prepare it. We used fat-free cheese and dried spices and also added a teaspoon of chopped garlic and this was GREAT! It also seemed like it was done cooking before I had even finished cleaning up from prepping the meal. My son is really picky about fish and he asked if I could make this again. I think we have a winner!
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, thawed if necessary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place fish fillets on a lightly greased shallow pan.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, combine tomato, onion, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. (This should resemble bruschetta topping in consistency and taste.)
- Spoon over fish.
- Bake fish for about 8-10 minutes, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Turn off oven.
- Sprinkle fish with cheese and return to oven just to melt the cheese.