Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Hearty Bake potato meal
- 4 large potatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and clean then up.
- Stab them all over with a fork. If you want soft skins than you need to rub the outside with butter and then wrap in foil.
- Place potatoes in a metal bake sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 70 to 80 minutes or until tender. *Hint* Some Microwaves have settings that make baked potatoes but do not cover them in foil.
- Start preparing the next part of the meal when the potatoes have about 30 minutes left.
- In a bowl you need to add 8 ounces of sour cream and 1/2 cup of flour.
- Place the bouillon granules on the chopping board. Use a clever turned side ways to press the granules flat. This should make them like a powder.
- Add the bouillon powder, 1/2 cup of water, and some pepper in to the bowl and stir.
- Once you have the mixture stirred you can set it aside.
- In a skillet put two tablespoon of butter, one tablespoon of minced garlic, mushrooms, and your desired amount of onions.
- Cook over medium heat until the mushrooms cook down to your liking.
- Add the flour mixture to the skillet.
- Add the desired amount of salt pepper and Italian Seasoning.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cut the cooked potatoes in half, mash the insides up a little, pour the sauce over the top, and Enjoy!
I'm sorry but this sauce did not turn out for me at all. It started very thick to begin with. After I added the mixture to the veggies, I let it sit to get rich, but it nearly burned. I ended up adding more water and the flour had an uncooked taste to it. I really wanted this to turn out too. I'm so sorry. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008. Thanks :)