Recipe by Gabo
From "365 Ways to Cook Chicken". I used boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes, and served it over rice. The sauce is delicious poured over the rice.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, pepper, and 1/2 water; blend well.
- Pour sweet-and-sour mixture over chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 20 minutes, until tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Add cornstarch mixture to sauce. Raise heat, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Pour over chicken and garnish with lemon slices.