Recipe by kittycatmom
Sauteed mushrooms, steak sauce, and Worcestershire sauce create robust flavors in this knife-and-fork burger.
Top Review by lauralie41
This recipe has many things my DH loves...steak sauce, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, garlic ad mushrooms. I didnt serve these on buns but on a plate with the mushrooms topping the burgers and they were delicious. Nice bold flavors that we enjoyed and the mushrooms were great. Thank's Deb for another wonderful recipe! Made and reviewed for KK's Recipe Tag Game.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free less-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium steak sauce (such as Angostura)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- tomatoes, slices 1/2 inch thick
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms to pan; cook 10 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring occasionally. Combine broth, steak sauce, and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove mushroom mixture from pan; cover and keep warm. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- **Burgers can be grilled seperately on out door grill and then mushrooms cooked as directed.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add beef to bowl; toss gently to combine. Shape beef mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on the bottom half of each roll. Top each serving with 1 patty, about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, and top half of roll.