Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for family or company. Serve over rice or potatoes. Asparagus spears are good with this dish.
- 2 lbs sirloin tip steaks (or a cheaper cut of beef such as flank steak)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil or 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter
- beef stock or water, to cover
- Pound the steak with a meat pounder to soften.
- Dredge meat in flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in a skillet on both sides in hot oil or butter or both.
- Lower the heat and braise on very low heat until meat is fork tender (approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour) Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add more water to skillet, if necessary, and adjust seasonings (flour, salt and pepper) Stir constantly on low heat to make a rich, brown gravy.
- Place the meat into the gravy mixture and heat through.
- Serve on a meat platter.
my family really enjoyed this dish, not only did they like the taste, the smell while cooking was amazing.