1 hr 10 mins
I love quail and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: 12 doves can be substituted for the 6 quail.
- 2Season the quail with salt and pepper.
- 3Melt butter in a heavy skillet and brown the quail.
- 4Remove the quail to a baking dish.
- 5Add flour to the butter in the skillet and stir to combine.
- 6Slowly add the chicken broth, sherry, salt and pepper.
- 7Mix well and pour over the quail.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes - 1 hour or until the quail are done.
- 9This is very good served over rice with some homemade biscuits.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Quail or Dove
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 398.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g