Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love quail and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.
Make and share this Smothered Quail or Dove recipe from Food.com.
- 6 quail (see note)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- salt and pepper
- Note: 12 doves can be substituted for the 6 quail.
- Season the quail with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and brown the quail.
- Remove the quail to a baking dish.
- Add flour to the butter in the skillet and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, sherry, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and pour over the quail.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes - 1 hour or until the quail are done.
- This is very good served over rice with some homemade biscuits.