Recipe by Justmez2
My mom made this dish which helped stretch our meals, and was a good filler for the men folks. There will probably be a fight over who can get the most crispiest potatoes!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes to a quarter inch thin.
- Place in large dish with and inch of water above potatoes.
- Microwave for 10 minutes, checking after 5.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, which will allow better browning on medium-high.
- Dry off potato slices, add to pan, turning over gently and letting them brown and get crispy.
- After most are brown, turn heat down to low-medium, cover with lid and steam 5-10 minutes checking and continuing to turn.
- Slice 12-14 slices of Medium Cheddar Cheese are what ever you prefer and place on top of potatoes, turn heat down to low add salt and pepper.