Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom made this dish which helped stretch our meals, and was a good filler for the men folks. There will probably be a fight over who can get the most crispiest potatoes!
- Peel and slice potatoes to a quarter inch thin.
- Place in large dish with and inch of water above potatoes.
- Microwave for 10 minutes, checking after 5.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, which will allow better browning on medium-high.
- Dry off potato slices, add to pan, turning over gently and letting them brown and get crispy.
- After most are brown, turn heat down to low-medium, cover with lid and steam 5-10 minutes checking and continuing to turn.
- Slice 12-14 slices of Medium Cheddar Cheese are what ever you prefer and place on top of potatoes, turn heat down to low add salt and pepper.
These are very good as is but if you added onions in while cooking it could easily be a 5 star.