Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
There's never enough to go around.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 8 medium red potatoes, skinned, cut into large cubes
- 1⁄2 lb processed cheese, like Velveeta
- garlic powder, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- In large heavy pot fry bacon until slightly crisp; remove, drain and crumble.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from pot.
- Add onions, red and green bell peppers, celery and potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally without mashing until potatoes are tender; turn off fire.
- Sprinkle over with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add processed cheese and reserved crumbled bacon, stirring gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
These potatoes are the best! We loved them! I've made them again since the first time! So many yummy flavors in one pan! I'd never fried red potatoes before, so I'm so glad I tried this recipe! Just delicious! These are just the best! Made for an event at KK, Go for the Green. Thanks, Gail!
Deliciously decadent! I used russet potatoes and omitted the salt. Thanks for sharing!
We used some smallish russet potatoes, which worked just fine; we did microwave them before they went in the skillet. I left out the celery by personal preference. This made a delicious Saturday breakfast for us; we all enjoyed it.