Recipe by gailanng
There's never enough to go around.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
These potatoes are the best! We loved them! I've made them again since the first time! So many yummy flavors in one pan! I'd never fried red potatoes before, so I'm so glad I tried this recipe! Just delicious! These are just the best! Made for an event at KK, Go for the Green. Thanks, Gail!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 8 medium red potatoes, skinned, cut into large cubes
- 1⁄2 lb processed cheese, like Velveeta
- garlic powder, to taste
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy pot fry bacon until slightly crisp; remove, drain and crumble.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from pot.
- Add onions, red and green bell peppers, celery and potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally without mashing until potatoes are tender; turn off fire.
- Sprinkle over with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add processed cheese and reserved crumbled bacon, stirring gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.