Recipe by Kim12469
This was a "clean out the pantry" meal that turned out delicious. It was quick, easy and can easily be vegan. I used the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil as it was all I had in the cupboard and I think it might have been the kick for this dish. Also, this was only for 2 of us so I was able to use only one pan, if more mushrooms are needed then you might need to add a pan. This would be great with some crusty bread to sop up all the sauce.
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 15 ounces white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning (or italian seasoning )
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar basil and oil
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Wipe down mushrooms with damp paper towel and remove stems.
- Add garlic in pan until it speaks.
- Add diced onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Move the garlic and onion to side of pan and saute the mushrooms. I only made two so they fit in the pan, otherwise you may need another pan if you make more.
- Saute mushrooms until they begin to soften.
- Add white wine and stock to deglaze the pan. Remove mushrooms.
- Add beans, tomatoes and seasoning. Let boil for a few minutes to thicken.
- Add spinach and stir in til it wilts.
- Place mushroom on plate then top with mixture, add cheeses if desired.