Recipe by BxChick
A quick, easy, relatively healthy take on a southern classic. I was craving something with gravy so I improvised this dish last night. If you don't have lemon thyme, you can substitute any herb you like. I served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, excess fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 leaves lemon thyme, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste in a zip top bag. Dredge pork chops and shake off excess flour.
- Heat olive oil, and sear pork for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and place on a plate to rest.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and scrape up any brown bits at the bottom. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Return pork to pan with any accumulated juices.
- If the gravy is too thin, you can add a small amount of the dredging flour to thicken.
- Simmer until gravy has reduced.