Recipe by saddlingup_nicole
Husband pleaser! This Southern Classic is my version of Smothered Pork Chops! Pork chops over creamy mashed potatoes smothered in mushroom onion gravy!
- 4 pork chops (thick cut and bone in)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms (fresh and sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet place 2 tbs of olive oil in pan on med/high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with Garlic salt, and pepper to your liking, and squish together in hot pan. Cook til browned on both sides about 3 min per side.
- Remove pork chops set aside and keep warm.
- Add 1 tbs of unsalted butter and scrape up the bits and pieces of the pork chop from the pan. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan drippings and cook until onion is tender; about 3-5 minute.
- Turn the stove to med/low heat and add the cream of mushroom soup. Add salt to pepper to taste and mix well.
- Return the pork chops to the pan and cover for 20 minute.
- Once ready remove pork chops, give the gravy one last mix and dig in! Serve with mashed potatoes or rice!