Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This meal is definitely worth the wait... When it's complete the pork chops are so tender and perfectly seasoned...Ohhh and the gravy tastes so good on a bed of rice. I came up with this on my own as an easy put together meal with ingredients that you have right in your home...Baking this in a glass dish allows you to see the juices bubbling as it cooks and the gravy thickens.
- 4 -5 center-cut pork chops
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Washed your pork chops, pound them with a good meat tenderizer mallet, not to flatten.
- Add a little meat tenderizer seasoning as well as your own choice of seasonings to taste to both sides of meat. For mine I use Garlic Powder, Lemon Pepper, Soul Seasoning, Mrs. Dash (No Salt) Original and Table Blend, Onion Powder and Pepper.
- Place seasoned pork chops in a glass 13x9 pan.
- Add enough water to the pan not to cover the meat.
- Tightly cover with foil.
- Bake in oven until meat is tender (you can easily pierce with a fork).
- Check about in 1 1/2 hours, if not tender recover tightly and cook checking every 30 minutes.
- Once tender remove about 1/2 the liquid.
- Pour can of cream of mushroom into a bowl.
- Take the flour and add a little cold water to make a rue.
- Stir rue into cream of mushroom soup- this will thicken the soup as it cooks.
- Pour mixture on top of pork chops mixing in with the remaining liquid.
- Recover and cook additional 30 minutes for gravy to bubble around chops.
- Gravy will thicken more once removed from oven and allowed to rest.
- Serve with rice and veggies.