Recipe by smartblonde #2
Moist breaded pork chops with a delicious sauce.
Top Review by ForeverMama
Smartblonde #2 you've made my DH a very happy man with your Smothered Pork Chops. He went up for seconds. This is country home cooking at it's best! My family enjoyed it very much as did I and we were all smiling:) Thanks a bunch for a keeper of a recipe! Made it for PAC Spring 2014.
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry and season both sides with garlic powder and seasoning salt. Place the beaten egg in a small bowl. Dredge pork chops lightly in flour, dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 4-5 minutes per side, or until breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9 x 9 in baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. During last 15 minutes combine chicken broth, beef base, honey Dijon mustard and soy sauce in same skillet used for frying pork chops. Whisk 3 tablespoons flour with 1/4 cup cold water add to mixture to make sauce. Cook on medium heat until boiling. Boil for 1 minute.
- Cover pork chops with the sauce, replace foil and bake for about another 25 minutes.