Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make, delicious meal with a built-in side dish. Steamed fresh green beans make a nice addition to this old family favorite.
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (or equivalent of juice if no fresh lemon available)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Place pork chops in skillet over low heat.
- Brown on both sides.
- Pour rice into large baking dish, mix 1/4 can of soup with the rice.
- Place pork chops on rice mixture.
- Cut onion into 4 slices; place one on each pork chop.
- Sprinkle with small amount of salt and pepper.
- Cut lemon into 4 slices; place one on each onion slice.
- OR sprinkle lemon juice liberally over pork chops.
- Spoon remaining 3/4 can soup over pork chops.
- Cover dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
Was good had made it a couple times before. One of my moms dishes she cooks. Never had it with lemon added a sweet tangy flavor. I also used cream of chicken with cream of mushroom instead of just the cream of mushroom. Can't out fabulous definitely will make it again.