Recipe by JT'sMom
Seared pork chops covered with fresh mushrooms, then baked smothered in a sinfully delicious sauce full or bacon, onions, cream, and a touch tomato sauce. A dish so full of flavor everyone will be wandering around the house looking for their socks. Quick and easy comfort food sure to please family and dinner guests. Note:The tomato sauce can be substituted with ketchup or tomato paste in a tube.
Top Review by kclark5180
This is one of the best recipes I have found on th e zaar. It quickly became a family favorite. I prepare it as the recipe is and have served with mashed potatoes and with rice, both are great, we can't decide which is better!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 pork loin chops
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F and Grease a 9" X 16" dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Sear chops 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with quartered mushrooms.
- Add onions and bacon to same skillet and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and bacon is crisp, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and paprika to skillet and increase heat to medium/high.
- Stir in whipping cream and broth, scraping up browned bits. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over mushrooms and chops.
- Bake uncovered until chops are tender 20-25 minutes.
- Serve sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.