Recipe by chia
This is pure comfort food. I serve this with mashed potatoes to use all the gravy, and a green vegetable. If you want it thicker, you can add some cornstarch mixed with water to the sauce to thicken.
Top Review by LuvMyBabies
very good. loved the flavor of the sauce. followed everything exactly and i didn't think at all that the brown sugar made it sweet as other's mentioned. so glad i went w/ my gut and followed the recipe to the T. i'll make this again but next time w/ out the mushrooms. taste preference...but sauce is yummy...great recipe! thanks chia! =)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, salt, sage and pepper; rub mixture onto both sides of pork chops. Coat chops well with flour.
- Heat a large heavy skillet, add oil and butter.
- Sauté pork chops until browned on both sides; remove from skillet and set into a baking dish.
- Add onion, sauté until just tender adding garlic and mushrooms after first 5 minutes.
- Sauté 10 minutes until softened.
- Add chicken stock, tomato paste, Worcestershire and heavy cream to pan, bring to simmer. pour over pork chops, Cover and bake 45 minutes- 1 hour, or until very tender.