1/2 Photos of Smothered Pork Chops
Pork chops smothered in a bacon/onion gravy. Trust me, this is awesome...not a bit bland. It is one of my families favorite dishes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon in a large fry pan on medium heat.
- 2When done, remove and drain on paper towels.
- 3Saute onion in the same skillet with the bacon fat.
- 4Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 5Season pork chops with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- 6Fry on medium heat in the same skillet with bacon fat until light brown; remove to warm plate.
- 7Put remaining flour into skillet (add oil if necessary).
- 8Brown flour lightly.
- 9Add hot water immediately, then milk.
- 10Stir vigorously.
- 11Season as desired with more salt and pepper and add more water if needed to achieve gravy consistency.
- 12Put pork chops, bacon and onion into gravy and reduce heat to simmer.
- 13Cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g