7 hrs 10 mins
This meatloaf has the best smell when being put together. While this wasn't my families favorite as yes it lacked flavor we loved how moist it was. I plann to try to add more flavor to this recipe. When I made this meatloaf I made it in a 6 quart crockpot which was just fine. I could only find and used a 28oz bag of potatoes. I also could only fine ranch and herb shake in bake. I got this recipe from Food Network. It's a Sandra Lee recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups O'Brien potatoes (recommended Ore-Ida)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 lbs ground pork
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) box garlic and herb shake-in-bake (recommended Kraft)
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix (recommended Lipton)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (recommended Green Giant)
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, divided
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1Place potatoes in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
- 2In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, shake and bake, onion soup mix, sliced mushrooms, and egg. Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup Cheddar soup and evaporated milk. Add to meat mixture. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in slow cooker on top of the potatoes. Make sure meatloaf does not touch the sides of the slow cooker.
- 4Stir together remaining cheddar soup with cream of mushroom soup. Pour over meatloaf. Top with onions and mushrooms.
- 5Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 1 hour. Reduce the temperature to LOW setting and cook for an additional 5 to 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.1
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.6 mg
- Sodium 1165.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 50.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb shake-in-bake
Lipton beefy onion soup mix