Recipe by internetnut
This meatloaf has the best smell when being put together. While this wasn't my families favorite as yes it lacked flavor we loved how moist it was. I plann to try to add more flavor to this recipe. When I made this meatloaf I made it in a 6 quart crockpot which was just fine. I could only find and used a 28oz bag of potatoes. I also could only fine ranch and herb shake in bake. I got this recipe from Food Network. It's a Sandra Lee recipe.
Top Review by ColCadsMom
I saw this episode of Semi Homemade, and wanted to make the recipe. I have to agree with Internetnut, this meatloaf is really rather bland. I liked the concept of having creamy, cheesy, mushroom and onion potatoes as a side dish that cooked at the same time, but they were also dark, greasy, and not very appealing. The meatloaf was incredibly moist, but I cut down the milk to 1/4 cup and it stayed in one piece that I could remove from the crock pot. This recipe is great in theory, but needs work. Thanks for posting it!
- 4 cups O'Brien potatoes (recommended Ore-Ida)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground pork
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) box garlic and herb shake-in-bake (recommended Kraft)
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix (recommended Lipton)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (recommended Green Giant)
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, shake and bake, onion soup mix, sliced mushrooms, and egg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup Cheddar soup and evaporated milk. Add to meat mixture. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in slow cooker on top of the potatoes. Make sure meatloaf does not touch the sides of the slow cooker.
- Stir together remaining cheddar soup with cream of mushroom soup. Pour over meatloaf. Top with onions and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 1 hour. Reduce the temperature to LOW setting and cook for an additional 5 to 6 hours.