Recipe by "Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina
This is from "A Treasury of White Trash Cooking." You could probably use chicken pieces too.
- 6 doves
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet, brown doves in butter.
- Transfer into baking dish, breast down.
- Add flour to butter in skillet, and stir Cook flour for a minute or two.
- Add chicken broth slowly, then sherry.
- Salt and pepper sauce to taste.
- Let sauce thicken (come to a boil) Pour sauce over doves.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.