1 hr 15 mins
"Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina's Note:
This is from "A Treasury of White Trash Cooking." You could probably use chicken pieces too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a skillet, brown doves in butter.
- 2Transfer into baking dish, breast down.
- 3Add flour to butter in skillet, and stir Cook flour for a minute or two.
- 4Add chicken broth slowly, then sherry.
- 5Salt and pepper sauce to taste.
- 6Let sauce thicken (come to a boil) Pour sauce over doves.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered in Love Doves
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 226.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: