Recipe by PanNan
This is a great Cooking Light recipe. I serve it with lemon pilaf.
Top Review by Pesto lover
This was so easy and really tasty. I used only 1/2 can of the chipotle. It was good, but it would have been better if I had used it all, as written. Next time I won't chicken out! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄3 cup beef consomme or 1⁄3 cup broth
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide sirloin into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Drain chipotles through a sieve over a bowl to catch sauce.
- Reserve 1/4 cup sauce.
- Save the chipotle peppers for another use.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add patties and onion; cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Add adobo sauce and consomme; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch, stir well.
- Add to pan; bring to boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick.