This is a great Cooking Light recipe. I serve it with lemon pilaf.
Make and share this Smothered Ground Sirloin Steak with Adobo Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Divide sirloin into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Drain chipotles through a sieve over a bowl to catch sauce.
- Reserve 1/4 cup sauce.
- Save the chipotle peppers for another use.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add patties and onion; cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Add adobo sauce and consomme; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch, stir well.
- Add to pan; bring to boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick.