Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great Cooking Light recipe. I serve it with lemon pilaf.
Make and share this Smothered Ground Sirloin Steak with Adobo Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Divide sirloin into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Drain chipotles through a sieve over a bowl to catch sauce.
- Reserve 1/4 cup sauce.
- Save the chipotle peppers for another use.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add patties and onion; cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Add adobo sauce and consomme; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch, stir well.
- Add to pan; bring to boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick.
This was so easy and really tasty. I used only 1/2 can of the chipotle. It was good, but it would have been better if I had used it all, as written. Next time I won't chicken out! Thanks for posting.
This was a very simple and easy meal. The gravy was a little too hot for my younger kids but just right for the teens and adults. Perfect as a no-fuss weeknight meal. Thanks, PanNan. .
This is delicious, simple to put together and great flavours. I served with mashed potatoes and had lots of onion 'gravy' to serve over meat and potatoes. What a tasty meal, thanks for sharing.