Recipe by mama smurf
Whole green chiles hug the chicken thighs and impart a mild, roasted flavor to both the meat and broth. The chiles used in this recipe come 3 per 4-ounce can. Found in Weight Watchers recipes magazine. I have used taco seasoning I have made from this site and regular mozzarella cheese.
- 8 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3 tablespoons less-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 canned whole green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 -3 sliced green onions (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degreees.
- Arrange chicken in an 8 inch square baking dish; squeeze liime juice evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- Slice chiles lengthwise, cutting to, but not through other side; open flat. Place 1 chile over each chicken thigh. Cover dish with foil; bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chiles and chicken; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with sliced green onions.