Recipe by sexymommalucas
This is a super tasty steak dinner! Throw some medium or large shrimp in with the onion mixture for a surf and turf meal. Prep time does not include marinade time.
Top Review by Ms B.
Excellent flavor. We did alter the prep somewhat. We grilled our marinated steak on the charcoal grill. Also, after sauteing the onions, we stirred in the sour cream mixture to create a wonderful cream sauce to smother the slices of grilled steak. Served up with baked sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus, this was an incredible meal.
- 453.59 g flat iron steak
- 118.29 ml zesty Italian dressing, divided
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 22.18 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 3.69 ml course black pepper
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/4 cup dressing over steak and seal in a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Combine sour cream, 2 tbsp of the remaining dressing, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp dressing and garlic in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove onions; set aside.
- Drain steak; discard marinade. Cook steak in same skillet on medium heat 3-4 on each side for medium doneness. Place on cutting board; slice crosswise into thin strips. Serve steak topped with sauce and onions.