Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a super tasty steak dinner! Throw some medium or large shrimp in with the onion mixture for a surf and turf meal. Prep time does not include marinade time.
- 1 lb flat iron steak
- 1⁄2 cup zesty Italian dressing, divided
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Pour 1/4 cup dressing over steak and seal in a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Combine sour cream, 2 tbsp of the remaining dressing, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp dressing and garlic in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove onions; set aside.
- Drain steak; discard marinade. Cook steak in same skillet on medium heat 3-4 on each side for medium doneness. Place on cutting board; slice crosswise into thin strips. Serve steak topped with sauce and onions.
Excellent flavor. We did alter the prep somewhat. We grilled our marinated steak on the charcoal grill. Also, after sauteing the onions, we stirred in the sour cream mixture to create a wonderful cream sauce to smother the slices of grilled steak. Served up with baked sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus, this was an incredible meal.
This was marvelous. I did do the steak on the Big Green Egg at 450 deg. Also, did add the shrimp to the onion cook though this dish is rich and flavorful enough to stand entirely on its own. I will definitely cook this again.
This was so flavor filled, and tender! i had to make a change in how to cook it, due to a husband who wants his meat WELL done. i took the meat out, sliced diagaonally, and put individual slices back into the fry pan, and cooking each cut side. i covered pan while cooking sides. it was still delicious, and i have another meal for my picky husband!