Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Dredge cube steaks in a combination of pork rind flour, garlic powder & salt.
- Fry in butter.
- When done, remove steaks from heat, and scrape all browned bits from pan.
- Add water, and cream, and stir as it comes to a boil.
- Cook till thickened.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper& garlic powder Place steaks back in cream sauce.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with sautéed mushrooms& onions.
This is not a review. I just wanted to say that I make something very much like this. And we love it. I believe that what she calls pork rind flour is just a bag of pork rinds ground in a food processor. And it does not have any carbs and are easy to find as one reviewer seemedto think differently. It is very much like breading chicken with potato chips. I use ground pork rinds for breading pieces of meat and I use them like bread crumbs in things like meatloaf, crab cakes etc. Thank you very much for allowing me to comment. Good Luck with your low carb lifestyle.
Very good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
I made this recipe last night and it was great. The only things I did different were I did not use pork rind flour, just can't get used to that stuff. So I just patted the garlic powder and salt into the meat and browned it in the butter. Set that aside and sauteed my fresh mushrooms in the brown bits (had to add a little more butter) and then just added the cream and water to the mushrooms. Then I let it cook until the liquid had reduced and thickened some and put my meat back in the sauce. I let it set a few minutes which seemed to help the thickening process. So I ended up with a nice creamy mushroom sauce and the whole thing was sooooooo delish. Thanks for the wonderful idea.